Geert De Nyn is committed to protecting your personal data (and that your privacy is respected).
In this privacy statement, we want to provide clear and transparent information about (what data we collect) how I handle personal data. I make every effort to ensure your privacy and therefore handle personal data with care. In all cases, Geert De Nyn adheres to applicable laws and regulations, including the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation EU 2016/679, also called GDPR).
This entails that I, at least:
- Process your personal data in accordance with the purpose for which it was provided, these purposes and types of personal data are described in this privacy statement;
- Ensure that the processing of your personal data is limited to only that which is minimally necessary for the purposes for which it is processed;
- Ask for your explicit consent if I need it to process your personal data;
- Have taken appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure the security of your personal data;
- Not disclose personal data to other parties unless necessary to carry out the purposes for which it was provided;
- Be aware of, inform and respect your rights regarding your personal data.
Geert De Nyn is responsible for processing your personal data. If after reviewing my privacy statement, or in a more general sense, you have any questions about it or wish to contact me, you may do so using the contact information below:
Geert De Nyn
CELL PHONE +32 485 10 68 85
To whom is this privacy statement addressed ?
This privacy statement applies to all current and past participants in activities, persons who show or have shown interest in my activities, services or products, customers and prospects, suppliers.
What do I process what personal data for ?
Your personal data will be processed by Geert De Nyn for the following purposes and legal grounds:
- To participate in the activities of Geert De Nyn (execution of agreement).
- Sending information about my activities, newsletters and invitations (legitimate interest)
- Occasional e-post messages with an offer for gigs (directly related to a recent visit)
- Paper magazine
- Obtaining government subsidies (legal requirement)
To the extent that the processing of personal data is based on consent, you always have the right to withdraw the consent given.
For the above purposes, I may request and/or process the following personal data from you:
- Personal identity data: name, first name, address
- Private contact information: phone number, e-mail address
- Personal characteristics: year of birth
- Financial details (including account number, payments, etc.)
- Visual material (photos, videos, recordings, etc.)
I only collect personal data that you yourself communicate to me in various ways (e.g. registration forms, completion and contact forms on my website, personal/telephone/email contact, …). I do not collect personal data through third parties.
I use the data collected only for the purposes for which I obtained the data.
Whether or not you provide data yourself
The information listed, if applicable, must be provided in order to become a member or participate in activities or performances. With the exception of:
- Images (for public relations)
- Contact information (for direct marketing)
The consequence of not providing the data is not publishing targeted photos of you, and not receiving unsolicited commercial e-messages.
Provision of personal data to third parties – processors
I may provide the information you provide to me to third parties as necessary to carry out the purposes described above.
For example, I use a third party for:
- Providing (and distributing) newsletters and invitations.
I never transfer personal data to external service providers (processors) with whom I have not entered into a processing agreement (or the same provisions have been adopted in the contract terms).
With external service providers (processors) I naturally make the necessary arrangements in this regard to ensure the security of your personal data.
Disclosure to third parties – recipients
Furthermore, I will not disclose the information you provide to other third parties (provide other parties) unless required and permitted by law.
At no time do I sell or rent your personal information to third parties.
I also never provide your contact information to third parties for commercial purposes.
I may, however, share personal data with other third parties if you give me permission (in writing). You have the right to withdraw this consent at any time, without prejudice to the lawfulness of the processing before its withdrawal.
I do not provide personal data to parties located outside the European Economic Area.
Geert De Nyn retains personal data no longer than necessary to realize the purpose for which it was provided, subject to the period necessary to comply with legal requirements (including in the area of accounting). However, retention periods may vary by purpose.
I undertake not to keep the data for longer than a maximum of 10 years after last use (or termination of cooperation).
Geert De Nyn has taken appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data from unauthorized access, use, loss or disclosure (… breaches, loss and unlawful processing …).
For example, I have taken the following measures:
- All persons who may learn of your data on my behalf are bound to secrecy;
- I enforce a username and password policy on all my systems;
- I pseudonymize and ensure the encryption of personal data when warranted;
- I use a virus scanner and update it systematically and timely, and installed a “firewall.
- I systematically make backups of personal data to restore it in case of physical or technical incidents;
- I test and evaluate my measures at regular intervals, and adjust if necessary;
- My employees are informed (and trained) about the importance of protecting personal data. They follow a set of clear guidelines for this purpose and are trained and made aware of their responsibilities on a regular basis;
- These employees are granted access to your data to the extent they need that information to properly perform their duties;
- For new projects that could potentially impact your privacy, a comprehensive analysis is done to ensure your rights, the security and protection of your personal data.
If an incident does occur involving your data, you will be personally notified in the circumstances provided by law.
Your rights regarding your data
You have the right to inspect and copy personal data relating to you.
You have the right to correct and supplement if your information is incorrect or incomplete.
You have the right to data erasure (deletion) of personal data received from you that are no longer strictly necessary for the purposes for which they were processed. I do reserve the right to determine whether your request is justified.
You have the right to restriction of data processing: if you object to the processing of certain data, you can ask for this processing to stop.
You may also object (oppose) the way certain personal data about you are processed. For example, you have the right to oppose the use of your personal data for direct marketing purposes (via unsubscribe options in e-messages).
You also have the right to have me transfer the information you provide to yourself or on your behalf directly to another party.
You can contact me at the address at the top of this privacy statement to exercise your rights, accompanied by a motivation for your request.
You can also contact me through the contact page of my web site https://geertdenyn.be/contact. I may ask you to identify yourself before I can comply with the aforementioned requests. To prevent misuse, I may ask you to adequately identify yourself when doing so. To verify your identity, I ask that you attach a copy of the front of your ID card to your application. In doing so, I strongly recommend that you make your passport photo invisible and add that it is a copy.
No category of individuals will be subjected to any form of automated decision-making or profiling.
Should you have a complaint about the processing of your personal data or the exercise of your rights, I ask that you contact me directly about it.
You always have the right to file a complaint with the supervisory authority on privacy protection:
Data Protection Authority (GBA).
Drukpersstraat 35, 1000 Brussels
Changes to my privacy statement
Geert De Nyn may update its privacy statement at any time. I will make an announcement of this change on my web site. The last change occurred on March 25, 2023.